Victory. Success. Achievement. Knockout. Capturing the prize.
No matter how you express it, a win is important in business. From the big ones (that big, new contract) to the small ones (the keys work in the door!), a win is a win is a win.
Because even small victories lead to the achievement of larger goals. By celebrating your wins you note the advancement and growth of your company. It also helps with your attitude and the demeanor of the whole enterprise. It also influences your company culture and helps create a forward-looking business.
Having success in any activity you didn’t think you could finish is a win! Consider these thoughts on celebration.
- Notice things. Talk with your staff. Ask them about their achievements.
- Get excited. Be happy about the small things.
- Let people know—staff, friends, family, customers, prospects.
- Look at how you accomplished the win and figure out how to do it again—form a habit!
- Live in the moment.
- Reward yourself and those who achieved the goal.
- Relate the small wins to the larger goal(s).
You can do this. You have to walk before you can run. You have to crawl before you can walk. Step by step, inch by inch, you will achieve your bigger (and biggest) goals.
For more on how to get into the win column more often, call or write to us. TFO Solutions is dedicated to helping entrepreneurs and business owners with their financial strategy from the back office to the boardroom.
**photos courtesy of Unsplash (Jimmy Conover, Drew Beamer and Anne Nygard, photographers)